Fried Ice cream is a type of ice cream that is fried in batter. It is a dessert made from a breaded scoop of ice
cream that is quickly deep-fried creating a warm, crispy shell around the still-cold ice cream.
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream (Mainly Häagen-Dazs)
- 3 cups of crushed Corn Flakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 quarts oil for frying
How to make
- Scoop ice cream into 8 - 1/2 cup sized balls. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish, combine Corn Flakes and cinnamon. In another dish, beat egg whites until foamy. Roll ice cream balls in egg whites, then in cornflakes, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary. Freeze again until firm, 3 hours.
- In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden. Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.